Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Realization

I met him from an online website in March 2012.  He wanted to meet me.  I was a bit surprised.  He seemed like a great guy, why would he want to meet me?  He knew what I looked like and we had chatted and he knew a tad of my personality.

When he first got to my place, I met him outside and he gave me a hug.  We went to dinner and then watched a movie.  We talked a lot.  It was nice.  After he left, he still wanted to see me again and get to know more about me.  What was he thinking?  Did he not know that guys aren't supposed to be interested in me?  Especially a guy like him?  So kind, patient, accepting, and understanding?

Over the next few months, we got to spend time together and talk a lot.  I had several times where I was scared and thought it was better to end the relationship.  He knew I was just scared so he stuck by me.  He is so patient.  He took me to my first rock concert :)  It was so fun.  Being with him and sharing that time.  I love his smile.  I was smiling and felt at peace.



Finally, I decided to overcome my fear and jump in.  I knew then that I wanted to be with him.  Oh how I wish I knew how to tell him that.  I did text him my ring size, lol.  We continued to date for months.

We got to spend Christmas together that year.  I went to his home, he lived with his family at the time.  They accepted me.  His sister became my friend instantly.  I got a long well with his mom.  Before I met her she couldn't remember my name and called me Mildred and Molly.  Hahahahahahaha. 

In February he came with me to see my family.  I was excited and nervous.  I wanted him to like my family.  I wanted my family to like him.  I already knew they would all like each other, after all I do know them all - lol.  It was a fun weekend.  I was so grateful he went with me.  Those hours of driving and just being with him was amazing.  He always could make me smile and laugh.



No comments: